Family owned and operated for more than 20 years, Premier Group Insurance has delivered quality insurance solutions to individuals and families, specializing in commercial and personal insurance coverage.
Our team of experienced insurance professionals are committed to helping clients find a policy that fits their needs. As an insurance broker, we offer insurance coverage from all of the major carriers. We provide personalized attention and quality customer service to create an experience that’s challenging to find in today’s market.
We represent Allstate Insurance, Berkshire Hathaway Insurance, Nationwide Insurance, Progressive Insurance, SafeCo Insurance, Traveler’s Insurance and other carriers.
We serve clients in Indiana, Illinois, Michigan and Ohio.
At Premier Group Insurance, we’ll work with you to ensure that you and those you care about most are protected.
When a product leaves your business and is loaded onto a mail truck, what happens next is out of your hands—but in many cases, customers still hold you liable for ensuring that their package arrives safely.
Fortunately, shipping insurance is available to fill this coverage gap and protect you when something goes wrong.
This form of insurance will reimburse you if a package is stolen, lost, or damaged on the way to its destination. For anyone looking to send a package, the two major considerations are as follows:
- Is it already protected? Many packages are already insured by shipping companies—often automatically. However, coverage is not universal and depends both on who carries the package and what type of mail it is. In particular, shippers should familiarize themselves with the regulations of the USPS, whether or not they plan to use it—both FedEx and UPS frequently utilize the Last Mile service, and knowing who is responsible for the package helps ensure that it’s fully covered at all times.
- How much is it worth? Most forms of shipping insurance have a relatively low cap on what they’ll pay out (typically several thousand dollars, sometimes as low as one hundred). If you’re sending items worth more than the cap, you may still suffer a loss if something happens to the package, and will want to purchase additional coverage. If you do not properly declare the value of the package when it’s being sent, you’ll be liable for any losses beyond the standard limit.
Domestic Shipping Insurance
Domestic coverage for shipping is often available for as low as a few dollars per-parcel. If you’re planning to ship anything that goes above and beyond the protection that carriers normally provide, talk to a Premier Group, LLC agents about how many packages you’ll be shipping, and they’ll work with you to find a rate that matches what you’re doing.
International Shipping Insurance
Shipments being mailed internationally are often more expensive to insure, especially if they’ll be passing through the hands of a local carrier with a poor reputation. Since fees can vary so widely, based on a combination of factors, it’s usually best to get a quote well before you send the package. Tools like the USPS International Price Calculator can be used to get a quick estimate of postage and basic insurance coverage for any given package.
Other topics you may be interested in:
- Small Business Insurance
- Industry Specific Insurance
- Coverage for your business
- Group Life Insurance
- Small Business Retirement Insurance
- Workers Comp Insurance
- Professional Liability Insurance
- Product Liability Insurance
- Group Health Insurance
- Group Benefits
- Technology Insurance
- Storage Insurance
1. “Last Mile Service.” Accessed April 14, 2016. http://www.usps.com/lastmile/.
2. “International Price Calculator.” Accessed April 14, 2016. https://ircalc.usps.com/.